Ideal for dehumidification kilns and small drying operations, KIL-MO-TROL® lets you monitor the moisture content of lumber during the drying process. With testing stations at each lumber package and a rotary switch box in your control room, you can quickly get an overall view of your progress. Proven for both hardwood and softwood drying, the KIL-MO-TROL can be used in any type of dry kiln, pre-dryer, or air-drying operation.
- Track wood drying progress
- Pinpoint problem areas in the kiln
- Determine end-point for shutdown
Easy to Order Just call us at 877-DELMHORST!
Please have the following information available when you call, so we can prepare a customized package for your kiln:
- Sketch of your kilns indicating dimensions, control room and loading door locations. Also indicate desired location of monitor and type of material and kiln walls.
- Board foot capacity and whether package or track-type kilns.
- Species and thickness of lumber you typically dry. Designate if you require shell and core, or core-only readings.
- Also include any information specific to your installation or application that may be useful for us to know.
- Shell & Core Lengths — the KIL-MO-TROL system comes with the option to measure both shell and core moisture content. Knowing the difference between shell and core moisture will help you make more informed drying decisions.
- Insulated for Core Reading — With pins that are insulated except at the tip, you can obtain core readings which provide a true indication of moisture content at a known depth.
- Banana Plugs — Allow for quick and easy connection of cables to contact pins.
- Teflon®-insulated Sheathing — Designed to withstand the harsh environment of your kiln.
- Molded connectors — Large, easy-to-handle connectors ensure that each station is securely connected to the rotary switch in your control room. These connectors are molded directly to the cable, and are virtually corrosion and moisture proof.
Easy to Install
It’s as easy as mounting your rotary station selector switch, running main cables out of the control room, installing pins and load cables at each station, and connecting the main and load cables. Then connect a Delmhorst moisture meter to the station selector and start taking readings! We’re here to support you through every step of your operation with installation instructions and best practices. With an experienced service team solely focused on your satisfaction, Delmhorst is THE source for all your moisture monitoring needs.